Integrated Restoration and Neuromuscular Therapy
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a system of specific massage techniques developed in the 1930s by Dr Stanley Lief. This holistic approach toward healing uses recognized physiological laws and associated principles to relieve pain and normalize muscle tone. NMT stimulates the body's natural ability to heal itself while enhancing the function of joints and muscles and allowing the body to return to a state of homeostasis.
Integrated Restoration and Sports Massage enables clients to return to activities of daily living by decreasing or eliminating pain or discomfort. It optimizes performance potential while reducing risk of injury and treating specific problems through structural balance, postural integration, and myofascial release. Loose-fitting athletic clothing may be recommended for assisted stretching and range-of-motion (ROM) exercises.
These methods can be used to treat a variety of complaints, including:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Structural Imbalances (forward head, high shoulder, high hip, etc)
- and Much More
Medical Massage Therapy
Medical Massage Therapy, as taught by David Morin, uses many of the same techniques as traditional NMT, but it is all done with the client remaining fully clothed.
Prenatal Massage can be performed at any point during the pregnancy and provides a range of benefits for both mother and baby, including:
- Supports mother's body during baby development
- Provides drug-free relief from muscle aches and soreness
- Increases blood and lymph flow to assist the heart and reduce swelling
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Reduces pressure and pain to the nervous system
- Promotes relaxation and muscle awareness
- Promotes release of emotional and physical tension
- Prepares the body for delivery
Massage during the first trimester is similar to Swedish Massage. During the second and third trimesters, the mother-to-be receives massage in a side-lying position supported by bolsters and pillows for ultimate comfort. A modified supine position (reclining) may also be used.
Symptoms of TMJ Dysfunction include, but are not limited to:
- Scalp/Hair tender to the touch
- Pain behind the eyes, sensitivity to light
- Limited mouth opening with possible deviation
- Jaw locks open or shut
- Jaw deviates to the side on opening
- Teeth clenching or grinding (Bruxism)
- Chronic sore throat, frequent coughing or clearing throat
- Jaw clicking, popping, or grating
- Pain in jaw muscles
- Ear ringing, hissing, or buzzing (Tinnitus)
- Clogged, itchy ears
- Dizziness, Vertigo
- Muscle aches in shoulders, neck, and back
- Pain and numbness in arms and fingers
Specifically targeting the muscles of mastication (chewing muscles) can relieve tension and spasms. Correcting the muscular imbalance can help reduce these symptoms while addressing and reversing the underlying causes.
TMJ Massage is recommended for anyone suffering from the above symptoms. It is also recommended before and after any major dental procedure to relax and align the muscles, which can help speed recovery time and improve results.
This is a gentler massage for those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are undergoing treatment, as well as cancer survivors. Massage in this case is designed for quiet relaxation. I work with you to develop an individualized massage plan based on your diagnosis and treatment history.
Chair Massage is a popular way of relieving stress and tension in your home or workplace using a specialized ergonomic chair. These sessions are usually shorter than traditional massage, while still sharing all the same benefits, making it convenient for busy schedules.
Chair Massage for offices and corporate events is a great way to show your employees how much you appreciate them. Regular on-site chair massage has been shown to increase productivity by reducing stress and anxiety, relieving muscular tension, improving mental clarity, and preventing repetitive use injuries. Corporate Chair Massage is TAX-DEDUCTIBLE (your tax specialist will know the details).
Great for parties too!